On May 31st we will be celebrating the Visitation and did you know, it’s one of our favorite feast days?!!
Why is the visitation one of our favorite feast days, you might ask? For two big reasons:
- The First Adoration: Many theologians consider the visitation the first adoration! What a special moment in salvation history. When Elizabeth greeted Mary, John the Baptist leapt for joy in her womb because he felt the presence of Christ in Mary’s womb. How awesome is that? The first person to acknowledge and adore Christ was an unborn child. May we greet Christ in adoration like John the Baptist.
- Holy Women Supporting Holy Women: In a world where it’s easy to compete, tear down, and judge others, we LOVE to see an example of two holy women loving and supporting each other. Mary visited her cousin during her pregnancy to offer congratulations, support, and help in the preparations for a new life. May we all celebrate each gift of life by supporting our fellow women like Mary and Elizabeth.
So, what can we do to celebrate this amazing moment in salvation history? Subscribers, grab your feast day art print and visitation activity. As your saints in training build the visitation scene, here are a few questions to help with discussion:
- How can you support and celebrate with a friend in a time of joy? 🥳
- How can your family support the unborn in your community? 🤰🏿🤰🏻🤰🏽🤰🏾
- How can you adore Christ with joy this month? 😊
Want to join the amazing CFC family so you can rock those feast days? Become a subscriber and feast like a saint with Catholic Family Crate.
P.S. Want help walking that journey to sainthood or a beautiful Catholic gift? Check out these awesome products for Catholic kids and families available on our website.