The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
August 15th is the Feast Day of the Assumption of Mary!
On this feast day, we celebrate the Blessed Virgin Mary being assumed - body and soul - into heavenly glory.
And good news… a festive feast doesn’t need to be fussy! If you are a monthly crate subscriber, don’t forget to…
- Display your Feast Day Art print and read the back to learn more about the Assumption of Mary.
- Create your own assumption scene. Use the supplies included in your crate to create an interactive assumption scene with your saints in training.
Not a subscriber? Here are a few more ideas on how to celebrate this special feast day.
- Attend Mass (this one is a must!). The Feast of the Assumption is one of the most important feast days of the Catholic calendar, and a Holy Day of Obligation! This year, the Feast of the Assumption of Mary falls on a Sunday, so attending Mass on Saturday evening or Sunday fulfills your obligation for the feast day and Sunday!
- Pray a Hail Mary as a family. Mary is our greatest advocate in heaven! Ask her to bring your prayers straight to the feet of Jesus.
- Offer Mary some fresh flowers. Gather some beautiful blooms to adorn a Marian statue at your home or parish.
Looking for a great Catholic gift for someone special? Our Catholic crate subscription makes the perfect present! Learn more!