St. John Paul II
Let’s feast with St. John Paul II (October 22nd)!
And good news… a festive feast doesn’t need to be fussy.
If you’re a monthly crate subscriber…
- Don’t forget to display your Feast Day Art print.
- Read about the incredible life of St. JPII with your saints in training.
- Take a crash-course in the Theology of the Body using the mini-lesson included in your crate.
- Play Roll the Dice! (instructions and supplies included in your crate) and practice expressing and receiving love through our bodies.
- Build self-love by identifying and celebrating your unique, God-given qualities.
- Pro tip: Listen to your monthly playlist as you craft!
Here are a few more easy ways everyone can celebrate the feast of this amazing modern-day saint:
- Pray the Luminous Mysteries of the rosary. Did you know? The Luminous Mysteries were introduced by Pope John Paul II in his 2002 Apostolic Letter, Rosarium Virginis Mariae (Rosary of the Virgin Mary). These five mysteries focus on the miracles performed by Christ during his public ministry. (Pssst… don’t forget to use your new Rosary Rings to guide you in prayer!)
- Bake a Kremówka Papieska (aka Polish papal cream cake). This traditional Polish cream cake got a new name when Pope John Paul II shared that it was one of his favorite treats. Make dessert and memories with your saints in training by preparing this special treat together this week. Here’s a link to the recipe we will be trying!
- Embrace the questions. St. John Paull II understood how important youth - with their curiosity, concerns, and big questions - were to the Catholic Church. If you find yourself overwhelmed with all the “Whys?” “What abouts?” or “How comes?” today, take a moment to thank God for the privilege of caring for the future leaders of our faith!
Could your little saint be the next pope? Catholic Family Crate’s monthly subscription boxes makes it easy to build a firm faith foundation from a young age. Subscribe today!