Are you feeling the love today? Maybe that’s because it’s time to celebrate the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
The Feast of the Sacred Heart is always celebrated on a Friday, 19 days after Pentecost. This year it falls on June 11th.
Devotion to the Sacred Heart dates back to early church history – and for good reason! The image of Jesus’ physical heart reminds us of his divine love for humanity and the great sacrifice he made to ensure our salvation. The devotion became more formalized in the 17th century, after Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary and revealed the deep love of God that was symbolized by his heart.
Try to make time today to reflect on Jesus’ deep, undying love for you. His grace and mercy is overwhelming – and that is something to celebrate!
And good news… a festive feast doesn’t need to be fussy. Here are a few easy ways to celebrate the Feast of the Sacred Heart:
- Start a First Friday devotion. Make a commitment to receive Holy Communion and recite the Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on each First Friday for nine consecutive months. Jesus told St. Margaret Mary that all who do this will receive “the grace of final repentance; they shall not die in my disgrace nor without receiving the sacraments; my divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in that last moment.”
- Make a “Heart On Fire” Sundae. Use strawberry ice cream as the base of your sundae to represent the heart of Jesus Christ. Place peach slices around the ice cream scoop to symbolize flames. Finally, top the ice cream with chocolate chips or sprinkles to represent the crown of thorns. Enjoy and thank God for his endless love!
For those of you that receive our family subscription boxes, don’t forget your...
- Sacred Heart Craft. Use the stickers from your crate to create a Sacred Heart!
- Don’t forget to share the symbolism behind each element of the Sacred Heart image with your growing saints as you create.
- Enthronement Ceremony. Consecrate your heart and home to Jesus’ Sacred Heart using the Sacred Heart art print and enthronement ceremony instruction brochure!
- Feast Day Art print and playlist. Display your print and read the info on the back to your growing saints, then turn on that playlist and jam!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, let me rest in your mercy and love. I trust in you! Amen.
P.S. If you are interested in learning more about these Catholic monthly subscription boxes, click here!