The Feast of the Baptism of the Lord
The Feast of the Baptism of the Lord is January 9th!
If you’re a monthly crate subscriber…
- Don’t forget to display your Feast Day Art print.
- Read about the importance and symbolism of Jesus’ baptism with your saints in training.
- Renew your Baptismal Promises as family using our how-to guide.
- Use the Baptism Anniversary Stickers to mark your family’s baptism dates on your family calendar.
- Play Baptism Scramble – unscramble the words and answer questions about baptism!
- Pro tip: Listen to your monthly playlist as you celebrate!
Here are a few more easy ways everyone can celebrate this special feast:
- Read the story of Jesus’ baptism found in Scripture (Matt 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3:21-22, John 1:29-34)
- Remember with water. Water is one of the symbols of baptism. If you have holy water at home, take time today to bless each family member with the Sign of the Cross and a prayer. Another way to celebrate all day is to say a short prayer of thanksgiving every time you take a sip of water today!
Looking for more ways to renew your faith? Join Catholic Family Crate! When you purchase a subscription, a crate filled with religious education and activities is delivered monthly to your door.