Celebrate and prepare for your child’s First Reconciliation with Catholic Family Crate’s at-home Reconciliation Crate. Inside you’ll find everything your family needs to squash sin, pray like a Catholic, examine your conscience, live like a saint, and so much more! Pair this crate with an at-home or in-class sacrament curriculum for additional fun, support, and grace.
The Reconciliation Crate is an excellent supplement, gift, and resource for any child seeking the joys of repentance, mercy, and forgiveness. Contents include:
- Sin Squash: Confession Edition – A crazy fun card game for crazy fun Catholics! Enjoy this holy twist on Slap Jack with family and friends. Be the first to squash the sin and collect the whole deck to win. Gameplay teaches children to identify sin and learn the things that help strengthen our souls.
- My Catholic Prayer Ring – Features 28 brightly illustrated prayer cards with easy-to-read text. Use this interactive children’s guide to learn the most common Catholic prayers as a family. Held on a metal ring for safekeeping.
- Pocket Examination for Children – Bring this kid-friendly, pocket-sized examination of conscience to confession and let the Holy Spirit guide you through the sacrament. Based on the Ten Commandments, this examination will help your child reflect on their thoughts, words, and actions through simple questions and prayers.
- Confession Calendar Stickers – Eagerly await your child’s First Reconciliation and set a routine for confession with these vibrant calendar stickers.
- St. Francis of Assisi & St. Therese of Lisieux Acrylic Pins – Meet two saintly role models for confession. Pin these saints to your backpack, adoration bag, or lunch box as a reminder of the graces we receive through repentance.
- Act of Contrition Window Cling – Hang this window cling on a mirror or window and learn this merciful prayer in anticipation of your reconciliation and renewal.
- Online Resources – Bonus resources for the whole family! Print additional activity sheets and information to keep little hands and hearts engaged during sacrament prep.
I used this with my 6 year old grandson- he really ‘gets’ reconciliation after using the packet. I talked a lot about listening to the voice of your conscience—- I used an angel and devil puppet to help explain this. I also added some more cards to the game with a bit more child friendly vocabulary. Thank you for designing these kits!